lunes, enero 08, 2007

48 Hrs To Predictable Answers

Coming Wednesday, our fumbling leader will reveal his “new plan” for Iraq.
Being in Las Vegas is a natural that I have to bet on the content of this message. So, here it goes:
I bet he will ask for an increase of troops in several short stages to be dedicated mostly to Baghdad.
I bet an increase of funds will be requested from Congress, appealing to patriotic duties and “unity”.
I bet this will be accompanied by some loose assurance that he requested from the Iraqi government “full commitment” to a stronger local police and military presence made of Iraqis.
I bet Bush will not set any specific dates for the retrieval of our forces.
I bet more bashing of other regional leaders is part of the speech.
I bet all the suggestions made by most, including his own study group, “have been considered carefully”. (Even though none of them will be implemented).
I bet finally that the ever-present menace of global terrorism will be part of the delivery.
Oh, and I also bet that Congress will do a song and dance number afterwards just to show they are serious about questioning the request but finally approving the matter in the name of national loyalty and “unity”.
Wanna bet?